Thursday, August 07, 2008

The walking wounded

Dudes, I have made a new discovery: When you are really, really tired, from lack of sleep or training too hard, you tend to get injured a lot, for stupid random stuff. This is the week I'm having right now. I've begun biking to and from work for the past week, and the stupid thing has bitten me countless times. My legs and arms are full of scratches. I bump into doorframes, bang my hip against tables as I walk by, drop stuff on my toes, and burn myself on hot cookware or the oven. The latest? This morning in the shower, as I looked up to rinse my face, the showerhead fell on my nose. I saw stars, yo. And then I panicked. My face is my fortune! (and believe me, I can't afford any drop in revenue.) Thankfully nothing is broken, but now I really feel like I'm back in the schoolyard when I used to scrap all the time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well I can certainly empathize with that feeling. Being dead tired while attempting to work is a prescription to certain disaster.

There is, however, one aspect in which we differ. My face is my misfortune. And every day as this ole body of mine ages, I can't help but think back to that Billy Crystal character, the one who use to say... "Its better to look good than to feel good"

And boy do I wanna look good. For sure I don't feel good, so what else is left?

Run away! Run away!