Sunday, April 09, 2006

So near, and yet so far...

I am referring of course to vacation time. Even though the play closes tonight, which should ostensibly free up some time in my schedule, bringing the total number of jobs down to one, somehow this will not be the case. Oh well. It appears that the protracted pastry and DVD binges I had allocated to fill in those gaps in my schedule will have to be cancelled until further notice. Damn.

Grr...oh so sleepy. I haven't fully bounced back from birthday night celebrations, or caught up on the missed sleep. Seeing my family and friends yesterday come out and support the play was like a shot of adrenaline to my system, I was happy, and buoyant and loving life! Today, not so much.
I crashed with Mom and Fabian and the crew at their hotel last night, and the pull-out bed mattress had a great big depression in the center of it. Anne and I kept rolling into the middle of the bed all night. It would be funny if I wasn't so tired now.

Bon. Enough whining. Today, I say goodbye to a play that has challenged me, personally and professionally, working with a group of people I love and admire and am going to miss terribly. Pretty frickin gorgeous first season out of school, I think. I am grateful. I have an awesome job!

Anyway, I'm thinking that I'm just going to stay 31 for the next 8 years or so. I've got good genetics, surely I can pull it off.

No comments: