Wednesday, May 03, 2006

We Shall Overcome...

Ah yes, dahlings, soon, will come a day that I get to bed at a decent hour, when the madness of work slows down a wee bit (not because of me being reasonable or anything, y'all know I'm a workaholic, but when my system just crashes) and you know what that means, don't you?

JUNK FOOD EXTRAVAGANZA
ON THE SOFA OF DOOM!

Yeeeah, baybee...I've decided to just accept that this is my pattern for now. Why fight it?

So, sign up now to join in my Festival of Sloth and Debauchery next week. Bring yourself and some DVD's and let the good times roll! I'm serious! My whatless hours begin on Tuesday, May 9th at whenever I roll out of bed and onto the sofa, and basically will last until Friday. Saturday is the beginning of grocery day and housecleaning day, and organizing my files day and other responsible type things. I'm taking appointments right now. Y'all know my cell number, call it! Drop me a line in comments! Send me an email! But do it before next Monday night when I finish the final strike of the set for our super-D-duper Youthworks show (May 6th and 7th)
or else I may not be awake to take your call. I'm just sayin'

I've begun a swear jar last week because my potty mouth got out of hand and when I got up to 10 dollas, I said to myself:

"Self, this is getting expensive, You obviously need to stop stressing and learn how to surrender. You can't control everything, what will be will be, do what you can, and let the rest take care of itself."

And then I respond (oh yes, we've gotten to that point, I'm in deep trouble, I have conversations with myself now, I'll have to bring it up with my therapist. Crap.) :

"Shut the *&$#&*@^ up, you. I'm working here."

5 comments:

Kay said...

Unfortunately my sister's in town next week so I'm all booked up. Can we try some sloth chez moi the week after?

Tamara said...

Oh oui oui oui! Although I may at that point actually exhaust my capacity for sloth, chillin' with my friends is always amazing...

Can't wait!

Tamara said...

Oh oui oui oui! Although I may at that point actually exhaust my capacity for sloth, chillin' with my friends is always amazing...

Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Wah, I can't indulge in sloth during the week. :(

Tamara said...

I shouldn't either, truth be told, but I'm doin it anyway. Whee! The show was good, and I'm starting up a new project with Share the Warmth. (More on that later.)