Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Flavour of the Month

Check it out, Check it out, Check it out y'all!

I have just gotten word that I've been cast in the Black Theatre Workshop School Tour next spring! It's a one-woman show (which I've never done before) called Afrika Solo about a girl who goes to Africa to get in touch with her roots!

So now, as of January next year, I'll be working exclusively at Black Theatre Workshop! First working on Afrika Solo, and then two days later on Blacks Don't Bowl! And all the while I'll be teaching in their Youthworks theatre training program! I'll be working pretty steadily from January through until May! I'll be for once doing exactly what I love, making a (really) decent living at it, without having to work more than two jobs at once!

So all of y'all best be coming to see me act in the show! How amazing is this???!!!?? Not only do I get cast in my first professional production, the same place wants to keep on working with me for other productions!!!! I'm really really excited!!!! (Can't you tell by my excessive use of exclamation marks?)

Go, Me! (Someone pat me on the back or something...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tam, I am very, very proud of you, I am also extremely happy that you have finally found your niche, I love you very much. Mom

Tamara said...

See, my mom is the BEST!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am very happy that you have found something that you love and that pays as well!
Go girl!!!

Tamara said...

Ah, thanks all you lovely folks for the love and support! I'm feel all warm and fuzzy!

Kay said...

That is SOOOOO cool. Congratulations, girlfriend!