Tuesday, June 20, 2006

But then again...

I may have been suffering from the heat so much because of the mass quantities of food I consumed over the weekend. I watched silly movies like Dodgeball and Galaxy Quest and 13 Going on 30 with Bill and it was jokes. I had every intention of eating healthy food with her you know. And if Baileys, Pepsi, pizza, chicken wings and ice cream did happen to pass my lips, I have a little comfort in recalling that there were also some carrot and celery sticks that got in there somehow. And wowee! the barbecued jerk chicken and potato salad at Dad's the next day! I also made Great Big Pitchers of Mojitos.*mmm...drool...*

However, I am perfectly willing to own that my discomfort may have been the result of some indigestion. You can't eat as cleanly as I did all week and then blast your body with that kind of salt, fat, wheat, alcohol, and dairy and expect to get away scot free. But what a way to go!

(By the way Bill, I mentioned Steve the Pirate to Solonor who affectionatly sends the usual "Hello Butthead" greeting.)

And little Jasmine slept over at our place last night. Stephanie is looking after her for Jenny to give the poor woman a badly needed night out. It's pretty hilarious. Jazzy has taken over the whole entire apartment. She's EVERYWHERE, man. She's like a puppy, running all over the apartment. But she's so sweet natured and affectionate and clever. It's so funny: Stephanie will say something to Jasmine, who will look back at her in puzzlement, and and then turn to me for the translation in French. Because Jenny always speaks to Jazzy in French and Jasmine's dad speaks English, but she doesn't see him that often so her understanding of English has not kept apace.

Man, looking at Jasmine this morning, I recalled a time when I was actually that small.
I was a fetus.

No comments: