Friday, July 28, 2006

Lots of maniacal laughing

and not a lot of work done yet.
But I have reasons! Just not good ones.

(There also happens to be absolutely no one else in the office yet today. I'm sure I'll eventually exert myself, probably for the sake of appearances and living up to my lovely job title in public when/if someone comes in today. There you go. I'm a horrible person. Or just dangerously close to my vacation time, whatever.)

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeTuQDJDqdM&feature=Views&page=4&t=m&f=b

I was telling Lianne about this one and you know, maybe if there had been hijinks like this at PSL, I might have stayed in the corporate world. Maybe I can bring a little of this dementia into Black Theatre Workshop. Hm. Who should I pick on first?
Probably not my boss (although, to quote Dave Chappelle: That would be the ballinest sh*t EVA!) and probably not the Marketing Director, because she works out.
The General Manager is thin and cute and sweet, and although she looks like I could break her in two by sitting on her, I bet she's secretly a ninja--you've got to watch out for the wiry ones.
I can't pick on my Program Coordinator because she's the one who makes me look professional and competent and I need her on my side. (She's also wiry and cute and probably a ninja.)
I guess that leaves the temp from the the local university. Yeah... Tyranny without fear of reprisal. Kicking little puppies and pigeons. That sounds about my speed.

And getting back to Lianne, she was telling me about these TBS commercials promoting Lord of the Rings when she came to town for Gigi's wedding. Darlings, I've got tears in my eyes and a tummy cramp from laughing. The first two are my favourite, but the third deserves an honorable mention, I think.

White Horse:

http://tbs.com/broadband/videoplayer/0,,70640,00.html

Secret Lovers:

http://tbs.com/broadband/videoplayer/0,,70636,00.html

It Sucks to be Frodo:

http://tbs.com/broadband/videoplayer/0,,70621,00.html

I'm going to show this to EVERYBODY over the next two weeks for sure. This will be worse than Nunchaku Man.

No comments: