Saturday, October 07, 2006

Pimpin' Ain't Easy...

I'm sure y'all remember that show "Pimp My Ride" which was a really ridiculous concept when you think about it. I'm all for helping people to have safe and reliable transportation, but stuff like popcorn makers, cappucino machine, DVD players and the like in your car is just ridiculous. No one needs to have their car tricked out like that. If you're going to invest money in extra luxuries, don't put it on a car which will only distract you from your driving or assure that your car gets jacked.

But Darlings, I have taken pimping to the next level. Pimpin' ain't easy, it's true, but this has been among the most worthy investments I have ever made in my life. I'm talking about pimping your bed. Now before you all start getting the wrong idea and think I'm going to change my name to Slickback or something, hear me out.

Thanks to Stephanie, I have just inherited the most comfortable bed of my life, this wonderful queen-sized orthopedic mattress and boxspring. I had gotten an awesome duvet and sheet set with a high thread count as a wedding gift, and so it was as comfortable a sleeping experience as I have ever had. But last night, I bought this gel-filled mattress cover and new pillowcases. Dy-no-mite! It has never been so hard to get out of bed as it was this morning.

If you aren't gellin' right about now, you gotta get on it. As Angela so wisely pointed out to me, you spend about a third of your life in bed, so make it count.


And speaking about pimpin...
This is a very peculiar clip, but if I tell you more, I'll spoil it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-feLDOpJfYg

I've sniggered over this one ever since I saw it yesterday.

No comments: