Friday, November 17, 2006

Never Underestimate...

1) The power of good friends. Thanks to everyone (family and friends) who's been there for me this past week to enourage me and to offer practical support. I've gotten some early Chistmas gifts in the form of some good folks helping me to pay for a few sessions with Alan. Hee-HAW! It means a lot to me to know that I'm not alone, and that I have friends who care about me. I'm a fortunate woman, baby.

2) The power of momentum. No matter how crappy or sluggish you feel, there's a lot to be said for sometimes just forcing yourself to go on and get on with your life. Momentum can really sustain you until your will to exert yourself again kicks in. Phew.

3) The power of a healthy lifestyle. I've been watching my eating and working out hard for the past couple of days, which is going a long way towards giving my body some happy endorphins and tiring me out enough that I think I'm actually going to break the insomnia thing tonight. In fact, as soon as I'm done here, I'm going home to bed! Also, it doesn't hurt that I'm losing weight and looking cuter on the daily. Go, me!

4) The power of prayer. Whatever your personal faith or philosophy, whatever you want to call it, sometimes it's just a good thing to turn things over to a higher power, to acknowledge that you're just a human being and that you can't control everything. It makes surrender a lot less harrowing. Yeah, I'll worry about what I can take care of, and the rest will take care of itself, or it won't. In either case, I'll be fine.

5) Keeping it classy. Even when life dumps on you, at least you can shake it off and respect yourself in the morning.

I give you great big kisses.

No comments: