Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Right now I'm craving...

With gravy. Yum! Oh so good.
(Of course, if I were to probe a little deeper, it may be more accurate to say that I'm craving some kind of comfort.)

Oh no! Actually, what I'm really craving is...



and especially....


Oh God, Mummy I miss you! That's what I'm craving the most. Your company.

And I'm sorry, the West Indian restaurants in town just can't compete. (And not because she's my mom, so obviously I think she's the best.) No, we ALL think she's the best. Anyone who's ever eaten her food knows what's up. She's a caterer, yo. Man, if she opened up a place in town, she'd have the lot of them up against the ropes.


I need to pay better attention when she cooks, actually, so that maybe I can satisfy my cravings myself. But somehow, I doubt that I can get that same special "something", even with the aid of my trusty Naparima Girls High School Cookbook. And if you've ever tried to pry your grandmother's recipe for something out of her and have gotten the response, "Well, put some of this and this and this and stir it until it looks right" or some other derivative of that response then you know. Some recipes can't be measured. You've just gotta feel it and know what you like.

Mmm....roti..... *slobber!*

No comments: