Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Go figure

After almost two months of not sleeping at home (mostly on the BTW couch), I now find that when I come home in the evenings, where do I end up falling asleep? On my bloody couch. I don't even make it into my room, I'm that tired. I think I've lost the habit of sleeping in my own bed, but it's more than that. I am so tired, I'm afraid I'll just keep on sleeping intead of getting up for work.

On the other hand, I have been falling asleep to some pretty good movies. I'm in the process of watching the first four Harry Potter movies, getting back into the vibe before the release of the latest movie (which I'm going to see--ha-HA!). But a couple of others I've seen that I've really enjoyed are: All About Eve, Black Snake Moan, Bend it Like Beckham, and Vanity Fair.

Last weekend I hung out with my dad, who's back in town from Nigeria and next weekend I'll get to hang out with my mom. It's weird sometimes to be an adult and to not have ready access to them. When I was a kid, I was all about trying to establish my independence from them, and now the older I get, the closer I want them to be to me. Hm. That's a good thing, I think.

So...yeah. Not a lot of interesting stuff left to share, because what's left to talk about (that I want to) sounds a lot like complaining. Fatigue has a way of colouring your perceptions. I don't actually feel that negatively about my life (but I'll write about that another time).

No comments: