Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I got the POWA!!

Weh-heh-hell...

What a cool weekend I just had. Oh yes. Not so much the finding out that I've come full circle and put back on all thirty (okay, 35, dammit) of the pounds I lost last summer (at least I finally have time to go to the gym again).

No, no, the coolest part of this weekend was sitting in on the audition process for the Theatre Department and even sitting in on the decision panel. (I think I actually managed to sway their decision once) I can now say that four out of the five students I taught this semester who auditioned to get into the department got accepted! I think that makes me an awesome teacher, don't you? Go, me!
Now, I'm just going nuts because I can't talk to any of them until the faculty calls them first...

The coolest thing wasn't the power to influence the shape of the department because of the students who've been accepted (okay, I'm lying, it really was the coolest thing). What was really cool was realizing how much I have learned over the past semester, and perhaps, the validation of my own judgment, perception, and intuition. It was amazing to see how many times my own judgment coincided with the professors on the panel (well, those whose talents I respect a lot).

It's the kind of thing that is an amazing experience when you're the kind of gal whose self-esteem usually resides in the basement. I think to myself:wow! Here's something that I'm good at, and could really get to be dynomite at! It's time to stop feeling like I'm an airhead and reco'nize!

Ah, today was a mellow day...the last of the lazy days, I got my hair did, and read The Devil Wears Prada at Indigo Books--for free. Oh yes, I reveled in the sinful pleasure of reading for six hours straight because I can't put off the job hunt that must begin this week.

Time to make my CV look a little less pedestrian, a little less generic (so said the last person who looked at it) and start pounding the pavement. At least now I can do it with fabulous hair.

I just saw Eileen's cousin in Sideways. Sandra Oh is just the funniest. Ever. Her beatdown of Thomas Haden Church with a motorcycle helmet is pure comic gold, baby.

No comments: