Thursday, July 14, 2005

It never fails...

How it never takes days, it takes weeks, even months to regulate a sleep cycle. Case in point: recent late night gigs, although beneficial to my wallet (when I eventually get paid in the not too distant future, come on, Money! Momma's got her Visa bill to pay!) have completely thrown off my desired sleeping pattern. Up until two weeks ago, I managed to consistently get to sleep by midnight after months of gigging until three, and now it's all over. Again. If I miss that brief window of opportunity somewhere around 11pm, fuhgeddaboudit, I'm up and wired until at least 4 am. Never mind that I wake up early, forego afternoon naps and stumble around all day in a stupor, a danger to myself and others. And if I manage to forget to put in earplugs, which inevitably happens whenever I want to sleep in, then for sure, my brothers will wake me up early in the morning with blaring rap music. And it happens every single time. You think I'd learn by now.

Anyway, here I am at 4:15, after another excruciatingly long day with little sleep, and everything points to tomorrow being another such day. Maybe I should tape a stop sign to my back in case I stumble out into traffic. Although, knowing Montreal drivers, it's probably no insurance. The best I can hope for is the patented Montreal "rolling stop" right on over me.

Hey! If I'm talking stupidness, that must mean that I'm tired! Maybe I have another window of opportunity to get some sleep. Hm. I'ma get on that and hope that when I close my eyes this time I'll fall asleep.

Sweet dreams!

No comments: