Friday, July 22, 2005

The rain doesn't get me down today because...

I had my second interview with Black Theatre Workshop for the position of Lead Artist in their YouthWorks program. I find out on Monday if I've gotten the job.

I weighed in this morning only 13 pounds away from my goal! That's a 22 pound loss so far, kiddies! Can it possibly last? Who can say? But I'm hanging in there, hanging in there. Thanks for all the encouragement (which somehow never actually makes it onto the comments page on the site, but anyway) it means a lot to me. Happily,
this time around, I've not encountered the passive-agressive or backhanded-type compliments: oh, but you looked better before! Oh, you should stop now, you're too skinny! Yeah, maybe if I was built like Nicole Kidman, but let's face it, honeys: that just ain't never gonna happen. Not with the Awang thighs. Heh heh, but that's okay, I'm growing to love my thunder thighs. Kind of makes me sound like a comic book heroine: look, up in the sky! It's a grizzly, it's a kangaroo, no, it's ThunderThighs! Strong enough to crush SUV's, enough friction to start a campfire, gentle enough to roll the finest Cuban cigars. (Okay, now I'm just being silly.)

No comments: