Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Afrika Solo

Howdy howdy howdy!

Tomorrow, we open for our first show of the School Tour! I'm fired up, boys and girls because we did our dress rehearsal today and were finished in record time! I really feel that we are ready for this run! I'm actually excited. As opposed to sick with worry and insecurity, which is a good thing. I'm really proud of this show. You have to come and see it at Black Theatre Workshop on February 25th. It's free, I think. And free is always good. I'm a big fan of free.

And I can't believe we're finishing rehearsal early today. I don't know what to do with myself!
I could go home, but then I'd feel guilty for not running my lines and cleaning my bedroom, which I really don't want to do.
I shouldn't go shopping, because I'm trying to save money (although the chances are still pretty good that I'll do it anyway), so I could do something like catch a movie, which I haven't done in ages, or go get a pedicure (it's been forever, and my feet are turning into hooves) or I could go and park my butt down in Indigo for a marathon reading session.
Mmm...sounds like good, clean, free fun. (And you know how I feel about free stuff.)

Ah. I know I'm not going back to the gym, because that would be obsessive...I'm finally back on track with my eating and exercising, and being balanced about it. I don't work out like a marine these days, since I don't have all t hat unresolved anger and misery that I was feeling last summer. Which reminds me that I still have unfinished business on that front to take care of. Well, it's not on my plate right now, so I'll deal with it when it's time.

Oh yes, it's looking like Indigo will be the way to go. Maybe I'll shop there. No I won't! I'll be good.

And then I'll go home and do all that responsible stuff I really should do. But most of all, I'm going to to get lots of rest. And be fresh and so clean, clean for tomorrow. We start bright and early, but not obscenely so. Which is cool.

So, please give us a call when you can. I know my cell is always off and goes straight to the message, but it would be tacky beyond words if it rang in the middle of a performance. I know you understand. And I promise to call back. Meet me halfway, okay? You know my love and affection is unabated, it's just that my attention span, sadly, is what it is. I'm soon going to have some hanging around time for the people I love, so call me and set it up. First come, first served!

Hey, Dad's finally back from Africa! I missed him so much! This poor man goes through all kinds of adventures (of the embarrassing, uncomfortable and vaguely hazardous and unsettling kind) when he goes overseas. If you know my dad, call him and show him some love! And yes, I am practicing what I preach. Just so you know.

Stephanie is doing so amazing these days! We've been on a diet together, and exercising. Let me tell you, in the beginning, she called me Coach, and it wasn't the gentle motivational kind. I was kicking her butt (so she says). Now, she's the one who's motivating and inspiring me with her diligence, her discipline and her perseverance. She's kicking my butt. And it's cool. I like this mutual support deal. I kind of always wanted to be the lone wolf, because somehow it feels really cool when you know you've reached your goals on your own steam. But you know what? It takes a lot longer to do it that way, and quite frankly, it's not a bad thing at all to be grateful to someone else's hand in your victory. So this is T-Bone saying, "Thank you, thank you Stephanie. You are the wind beneath my wings..."

Heh heh, ain't it always the way? You don't hear from me for ages, and then when you do, I blather on and on and on. I love you amigos, don't give up on me, okay? Stay in touch, because I need you, and I need to know when you need me too. Then I can help. Which I want to do.

No comments: