Friday, February 23, 2007

I'm in Quebec City

And attempting to type with a keyboard that quite frankly baffles me. I've been forced to use the characters table just to get English letters and the punctuation you find on an English keyboard (the y and z characters are reversed, for example). For all I know this may look like Sanskrit when I'm done. If so, then oopsie, never mind, I'll fix it in Montreal.

We did Mella Mella at a cegep and it was so awesome. I was proud of us. We then went out for dinner and drinks and I must have fallen on my head and forgotten who I was, because I actually consented to sing onstage with the performer that night. Normally, I'm a little more mercenary than that. If I'm going to expose myself to potential ridicule, I like to be sure I'll get paid for it. But it may have been the tequila shots. I'm just saying. (In case youre interested, I sang I will Survive, Proud Mary and You are the Sunshine of My Life.)

No, all in all, it was a fun time to bond with the cast, these super people with whom I've spent the past seven weeks, and I'm only realizing right now, that in two days, I will not see again for who knows how long. Huh. Theatre is a funny, ephemeral thing. It has a very brief and fleeting life span, except in the memory. Not like film. But that's part of it's charm as well, don't you think?

Anyway, Im off to go get some breakfast before the show.
Soon I will be back in the land of the living‼ Call me‼

No comments: