Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The flavour of the month...






Is Caramel-Coloured Amazon Woman!



Hurray! For once, The hottest women in America look just like me! Why am I not capitalizing on this? Big love to Tyra, too! (Wit 'yo crazy self...) With cable television comes the reality TV shows that show me nothing but curvaceous, statuesque cocoa goddesses swingin' it! Man, it is so huge when you think about it. And yes they are big girls, but I can see how beautiful they are, the way they are, and I'm not the only one (it's easier to see because it's not myself I'm looking at in the mirror). If you're not a pretty blond blue-eyed baby doll, you can appreciate what it means to see images of beauty that resemble you out there.
It is a little bit of work to stay skinny as I had been at the 40-pound weight loss point. (Back to 30, sometimes 25) And my 16% body fat was impressive to boast about, but the hormonal imbalance was not so cool. So now I'm trying to recalibrate my body, which is never easy (especially at Mom's house because there are just so many goodies lying around!) but will be worth it. Balance. Oy, always a struggle for balance. My life is always full of extremes. I want something else for my life. This year. I don't know how this will change, I just know that it will.
I finally picked up Brendan Brazier's Thrive Diet book and I'm looking forward to getting back on track with the grocery shopping and whatnot, to just try to feed myself properly. I'll have to figure out how to get most of the cooking done early on in the week, and actually start sleeping at home again so I can prepare food before leaving my house rather than grabbing stuff on the go.
Anyway, I have a golden opportunity to get some sleep. Why aren't I taking it?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about us half lebenese, half french, all round crazy folk? i gots nobody who looks like me. then again, my level of hotness is unattainable so i can understand the lack of similarities between me and chicks on magazine covers.

Tamara said...

Sho nuff.

gg said...

yea, its cool to see chick like us. ah. Well, that's all i was going to say really. Ta!