Tuesday, August 15, 2006

D'oh! That's what you get...

when you surf the net instead of going back to work right away. So now I have to pass on this book meme courtesy of Bill.

So here's how it goes:

The Rules:

  1. Grab the nearest book.
  2. Open the book to page 123.
  3. Find the fifth sentence.
  4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.

Don’t you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest, then tag three people.

The Result:

Our linguist says their moaning is a prayer for death, ours and their own.
Some try to starve themselves.
Lost three this morning leaped with crazy laughter to the waiting sharks, sang as they went under.

Courtesy of the poem, Middle Passage, all about slave ships and the slave trade, by Robert Hayden.
Honest to goodness, it was the nearest book, but then again, I am at the office and I only noticed the In Style Magazine nearby two seconds after I finished typing. Oh, wait, that doesn't count as a book, does it? Anyway, on you go! I hope yours is lighter than mine.

Okay, Brigitte, Lianne and Kay, I tag you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Hi Tamara,

I hope you are doing well. My comment isn't related to your blog so much, actually it concerns a possible musical project (I didn't know how else to get in touch). A funk/rock type band I'm playing with (bass). There are two others, a drummer and guitarist. So far the drummer has been snging some of the songs, and doing a quite respectable job of it, but we're also on the look out for a good full-time singer. We do a combination of originals and covers, which you can sample at the following website.

http://testweb.miranda.com/library.en/Images/Logos/files/

We practice about once a week, at the guitarist’s place, in the West Island.

Let me know if you have any interest, any questions or whatever.

Cheers!

Kevin "Cyrano"
email: kdabramo@hotmail.com

Kay said...

Tamara -

I swear... the nearest book "Every Man's Battle" doesn't have 5 sentences on page 123... Am I supposed to try again???

Tamara said...

Only if you want to.