Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Last Night...

in the old apartment! (As I wrote the above title to this entry, the song "High Times" by Jamiroquai popped in my head, and now it's the soundtrack to this post. ♫Doo doo doo doo doo...♫)

I've packed up just about everything I can pack (except for my bedding) and then as of tomorrow, I'm going to live somewhere else! That's amazing! I don't have that same sadness this time around of leaving behind my home. I think it's because this time is not like the other times, when I was leaving my ex-husband and not knowing when I'd go back home or even if it still was my home, or like the time I left my parents' house which, although it came with its own brand of challenges and a houseful of teenagers, was nevertheless my soft landing, my safe place where I was welcome and loved just the way I was.

Now I'm moving away from an apartment that doesn't have Stephanie in it anymore. All of the heart has gone out of the place. Now there's nothing left there but great big rooms, marble floors and nosy cotton' pickin' OCD landlords. And I'm sore as anything from lifting and shifting furniture and whatnot.
(The whatnot would be the extensive cleaning of the apartment, including, walls, ceilings and every little nooks and cranny. And I mean every single one. I don't want them to be able to say a pair of jungle bunnies lived up in there.)

I'm moving forward and upward on to a bright new start, Babies! And the forecast is looking clear and bright!

♫Doo doo doo doo doo...♫

Don't you know that last night
Turned to daylight
And a minute became a day
Last night
All my troubles
Well they seemed so, so far away
Searching my reflection
For a glimpse of, another me
I've got to get away from these high times
All these high high times
Cause these high times
Are killing me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when I can come over to the new place and bless it with some ribs and wine, baby! :D